Monday, November 26, 2007

Travel day from heck

Today started early with a 7:00am flight to Atlanta on Delta. I woke at 4:00am after doing laundry last night from the Vegas trip and finished packing my bag and folding the dryer contents this morning. I left home about 4:30am and started the commute to the TPA airport. About 5:00am I got a call from an 800 caller ID number. I ignored it and stopped to get breakfast at Mickey D's. I got another call and after thinking it over I answered and it was an automated call from Delta letting me know my flight from Tampa to Atlanta was delayed and I have been rebooked. Crap... I got the airport and hit the delta Line to get rescheduled or rebooked. The line was huge and they only had 2 customer service agents. I called Delta and they let me know it was a mechanical problem... (Right..... sure...) This moved me back to 9:30 departure and this of course placed me to late into ATL to make my connectring to Alexandria , Loisiana to get to my client by 3:00pm to start training. ( I was defenitely kicking myself for not flying direct from Vegas to my client Sunday night) I called Southwest and they had 2 flights available. One to Houston thet left at 6:30am. ooohhhh tight fit on that one at it was now 5:45am. I asked about the next one and it was late in the afternoon... not good. I then asked about MSY (New Orleans) they had availability on the 7:30 am departure arrive 8:30am . Only one seat left. I asked her to hold that and I would then move over to Southwest. I called delta and asked about addl options and nothing was looking promising so I brought ut the laptop and checked online as well. Nothing better than MSY... I cancelled my Delta and Booked the Southwest flight to Nawlins. I then switched my Avis rental from Alexandria to Nawlins, hit mapquest and emailed directions from MSY to the client to my cell so I could have good directions handy in the car. My flight back is on Friday and gets in about an hour earlier so that's a bonus. I might stop by Harrah's Thursday night and see if Pap's craps lessons pay off later this week.

Today is Cyber Monday. In case you have misse dit the past few years the online retailers have been sending out deals on the Monday Following Thanksgiving to drive up business similar to Black Friday after Thanksgiving for the brick and mortar retailers. I looking to get a few deals for the kids and family for Christmas this year.

No comments: